Published papers, working papers and presentations on Itinerum and different Itinerum projects are found here. We'll update this page as new documents are available.
The Itinerum Platform
This paper describes the origins and vision for the Itinerum platform and project.
This paper describes the first large-scale study of the smartphone travel survey app, DataMobile that became the basis for Itinerum the app and platform.
These papers cover different projects for which Itinerum has been used.
- Badu-Marfo G., Farooq B., Patterson Z. A Perspective on the Challenges and Opportunities for Privacy-Aware Big Transportation Data. Accepted in the Journal of Big Data Analytics in Transportation.
- Yazdizadeh A., Patterson Z., Farooq B. Yazdizadeh A, Patterson Z, Farooq B. An automated approach from GPS traces to complete trip information. International Journal of Transportation Science and Technology. 2018 Oct 13.
- Fallah-Shorshani M, Hatzopoulou M, Ross NA, Patterson Z, Weichenthal S. Evaluating the Impact of Neighborhood Characteristics on Differences between Residential and Mobility-Based Exposures to Outdoor Air Pollution. Environmental science & technology. 2018 Aug 17;52(18):10777-86.
- Widener MJ, Minaker LM, Reid JL, Patterson Z, Ahmadi TK, Hammond D. Activity space-based measures of the food environment and their relationships to food purchasing behaviours for young urban adults in Canada. Public health nutrition. 2018 Mar:1-4.
- Simon Saddier, Zachary Patterson, Alex Johnson, and Natalie Wiseman. Fickle or flexible? assessing paratransit reliability with smartphones in Accra, Ghana. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, (2650):9–17, 2017.
- Seyed Amir H Zahabi, Ajang Ajzachi, and Zachary Patterson. Transit trip itinerary inference with GTFS and smartphone data. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board, (2652):59–69, 2017.
- Simon Saddier, Zachary Patterson, Alex Johnson, and Megan Chan. Mapping Accra’s jitney network with smartphones: the AccraMobile experiment. Transportation Research Record, (2581):113–123, 2016.